Politicians know this ruse well: If they want to put something illegal or immoral upon the people, they simply create names that convey something good and/or operate in secret to cover their chicanery.
The president and Congress have used this old ruse once again as they move forward the so-called free trade treaties, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.
The treaties are so secretive that congressweasels had to sign nondisclosure statements to view them in secret rooms, and they cannot discuss specifics or take notes of the treaties. Most of the congressweasels did not even bother to read the treaties before voting for them, but they tell us they are for our own good.
So here we have Congress legislating away American sovereignty through stealth and deception, aided and abetted by the distractive clamor over a Confederate battle flag flying in South Carolina.
And over there we have new calls for gun control under the guise of “bipartisanship” from Sens. Pat Toomey and Joe Manchin following the shooting of nine Christians worshiping in a church.
Never mind that the shooter, a deranged, bigoted, drug-addled psychopath broke no fewer than 10 laws in the process of committing his heinous crime. The elites tell us another gun law would have certainly stopped him in his tracks, and removing the flag aforetime would have certainly ended his bigoted notions.
Next we have, the Supreme Court assaulting religious liberty and the historical tradition of marriage with a power-usurping ruling legalizing so-called “gay marriage.”
Propaganda is distortion to promote illegitimate government designs or to promote usury commerce. Behind every propaganda message, there is the transfer of wealth and power to the corporate state. The propaganda covers the slide toward fascism. In fascism, as in America today, commerce and government overlap.
We have come from freedom to fascism in America in just over 200 years and done so without a shot being fired.
How has this been accomplished? It is simple. I first wrote the steps to take us from freedom to fascism for the Personal Liberty reader back in 2010. In light of current events, it’s time to repeat it… with some additions.
It’s accomplished over time — using gradualism — even if it’s accomplished long after those who set it in motion are dead and gone. Here’s how:
- Change the monetary system to fiat, i.e., paper money.
- Transfer wealth with fiat to the state via inflation and depreciation of the currency. Have a graduated income tax and a vast despotic bureaucracy to collect it.
- Create wars.
- Keep race stirred up with class warfare.
- Destroy the family — put the wife to work.
- Promote homosexuality. Glorify it.
- Create government schools under the name of free public education. Dumb the people down so they can’t think. Teach them pseudo-history.
- Unisex and/or transgender.
- Promote “brotherly love” — altruism.
- Denigrate women.
- Feminize men and boys.
- Glorify sex, promote perversion.
- Hold on to and maintain all the historic freedom-sounding names like Constitution, privacy rights, private property, American flag, voting rights, democracy, elected representatives, free press, etc.
- Use very elite and refined propaganda to sway the public on all issues.
- Keep the public ignorant on gold (real money). Erase it from memory.
- Gun control through gradualism. Cultivate the public to fear guns by promoting the idea that guns are dangerous. Inflate gun accidents and gun incidents on nationwide media. Sensationalize the negative.
- Keep the trusted gang in power no matter who is president.
- Manipulate government statistics.
- Govern through crisis. Ram bills through under the guise of “emergency.”
- Promote peace and manufacture arms for export. Be the world’s No. 1 arms manufacturer and dealer.
- Harass people with “foreign bank accounts” while having the largest tax haven in the world with and through U.S. banks within the U.S.
- Enslave the world with fiat euphemistically called a reserve currency. Don’t allow the gold standard anywhere in the world.
- Call it private property but have perpetual and increasing property taxes.
- Confuse the terms liberal, conservative, socialist, communist, fascist, democrat, republican.
- Give the vote to noncitizens.
- Keep the populace unhealthy. Push drugs as “cures” and deny natural alternatives.
- Promise more free “stuff” to be paid for through theft of wealthy.
“But, Bob,” you say, “America is free. It is a democracy. We vote in our ‘leaders.’ There are no jackboots and no Gestapo.”
In America we have benevolent totalitarianism. This is a term that we created to describe the modern system of government that is fascism in all but name. It is all hidden under that loving word “democracy.” This is a political lock with an iron grip on the minds of the population.
Any political, economic, or military alchemy or chicanery is hidden behind the word “democracy.” This is a major, major key to understanding reality today.
Germany had the overt symbols of tyranny and the transfer of the democratic process to the police state.
There was the jackboot authority shrouded with the occult swastika. It was despotism in full regalia. Institutional life took on militarism and the harsh discipline of a police state.
America still has all the symbols of liberty and all the trappings of human freedom. It is totalitarianism made palatable with a democratic aura.
So what is the difference between ugly and obvious Nazi fascism and modern fascism under the pretense of democracy? Modern fascism is hidden and twisted under an aura of benevolence.
After all, the modern propagandists have learned volumes since Nazi fascism. The modern police state does everything possible to make modern fascism palatable. It is being refined every minute of every day.